Afghan forces have evacuated dozens and ended the siege at a hospital in Kabul, killing the three gunmen behind the deadly attack on the government-run hospital within the capital, the inside ministry spokesman said.
At least 14 people were killed within the morning assault on the Barchi Hospital, officials said on Tuesday.
Security forces had earlier cordoned off the world as they evacuated quite 80 women and babies from the hospital, where medical charity Doctors borderless (Medecins Sans Frontieres, or MSF) runs a maternity clinic.
At least three attackers wearing police uniforms entered the hospital located within the Dashti Barchi neighbourhood of Kabul, throwing grenades and shooting, officialdom said.
A paediatrician who fled the hospital told AFP he heard a loud explosion at the doorway of the building in Dashti Barchi, a mostly Shia neighbourhood that has seen past attacks by the ISIL (ISIS) armed group.
“The hospital was filled with patients and doctors; there was total panic inside,” he told AFP, asking to not be named.
The 100-bed government-run facility is supported by MSF, said Wahidullah Mayar, a spokesman for the Ministry of Public Health.
There are variety of deadly attacks within the capital in recent months, claimed by the ISIL group.
On Monday, security forces said that they had arrested three senior ISIL members including a regional leader.
Last week, security forces killed and arrested several members of an ISIL cell that authorities said was liable for several high-profile attacks in Kabul including one on a Sikh temple in March.
Roadside blasts within the capital on Monday, which wounded four civilians, were claimed by the group.
Afghanistan is additionally handling violence by the Taliban round the country whilst the us tries to inaugurate peace talks after signing a troop withdrawal agreement in February with the armed group.